The beginning of summer is near. Life is about to consist of vacations, BBQs, and afternoons at the beach. Unfortunately that doesn’t leave a whole lot of time for blogging. To gear up for another hectic summer (every year I think, “This summer won’ be busy.”) I’ve commissioned a few friends to write guest blog posts. This includes my fiancé. My fiancé is familiar with my blogging life, in fact, he’s my editor. Not only is he a second pair of eyes to look for errors, but he is also a good gauge if the content of the blog makes sense since he is outside of the dance/movement therapy (DMT) realm. As in, if he can understand it, then someone who is NOT a dance/movement therapist or knowledgeable of DMT can understand it. Awhile back I asked him to write a post about what it’s like to date a dance/movement therapist. He is a creative writer so the first draft came out a bit more gushy and flowery than I’d like to admit. Instead, I’ve decided to take from his words and compose a list. Please know that I do realize that all dance/movement therapists are different, but maybe we have some things in common that our partners notice. Here are the six things you need to know about dating a dance/movement therapist.
- They have an ability to identify the energies of the people around them.
- They are not bent on a premeditated path.
- Being in a relationship with a Dance/Movement Therapist isn’t much different from being in a relationship with someone that isn’t a Dance/Movement Therapist… (I have to appreciate the honesty.)
- They are constantly studying movement. These can be simple observations such as, “boy, that guy across the street is exerting a lot of effort in walking forward.”
- They have the ability to gauge situations no matter how obvious or minute the details.
- They have a passion that radiates.